Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wowed

You really can't outgive God. Steve's spiritual gift is giving. For years, it was kind of suppressed because I was a bit stingy, and he got taken advantage a few times. The last five or so years, I have been learning to let go, and God has so blessed. The giver that Steve has always been has resurfaced. He doesn't hesitate to participate in a special offering, or run to someone's aid, or give his last dollar for someone who needs it worse than we do. That giving spirit brings blessings on our family. There is no other explanation as to how we are able to do what we need to do, not just for ourselves and our family, but for others God brings into our path. This flood trial has been a perfect example of that. Even with all that has to be done here, the expense of it all, the time required which is phenomenal with both of us working....all of it.....has not hindered Steve from giving when he feels led to do so. Even if God didn't honor that, which He does, I would be so blessed by the example Steve is to me.

We are off to a good start this week. We took out our walls and trim in our breakfast room. That was surprisingly nasty. All I could do was say, "wow." We cleaned that up and it is drying out now. We discovered a shorted wire in there. "Wow," that could have caught fire at any time-God spared us! We got our BoraCare/MoldCare in. We sprayed the shed and our room last night. They are both ready to be sealed with a water sealant. The inspector came today and it passed. We are about ready to rebuild that room! Yea! We also got our insurance settlement in yesterday. Steve was thinking it would be about $45,000 because we got an advance payment of $5,000. We opened it...it is $59,000. "Wow" Not only can we fix our house, but because we are doing the labor ourselves...we can do so much more-we can share what God has given us. I can hardly wait to see what God is going to do next! I am sure I will be just as wowed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats, You guys deserve it. Maybe a cruise, I bet you'd love that.

June 2008 Road Trip