Life Is a Gift
Today
before you say an unkind word -
Today
before you say an unkind word -
Think of someone who can't speak.
Before
you complain about the taste of your food -
Before
you complain about the taste of your food -
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before
you complain about your husband or wife -
Before
you complain about your husband or wife -
Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.
Today
before you complain about life -
Today
before you complain about life -
Think of someone who went too early to heaven.
Before
whining about the distance you drive
Before
whining about the distance you drive
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when
you are tired and complain about your job -
And when
you are tired and complain about your job -
Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your
job.
And when
depressing thoughts seem to get you down -
job.
And when
depressing thoughts seem to get you down -
Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still
around.
around.
Too much selfishness in our world...Too much "ME ME ME." Today, I am frazzled, overwhelmed by the task before me, completely exhausted and unable to focus...too much work and not enough play while those around me who could be helping carry this burden all want to go play. I get up working, keep working, go to bed working. All day every day. There is no time, no money, no energy left for anything else. I am going to take a breath, pray, read my Bible looking for encouragement from my God who is always faithful to sustain me, try to refocus, and start over.


1 comment:
No worries mate! Do not grow weary in well doing, for in time you will reap. I understand how frustrating it is when those closest to you can't even see the turmoil that is before you. But God showed me, "it isn't for them to see, it is for you, it will make you stronger. I am still molding you." I cannot imagine how disconcerting all this is for you, but stay strong and God will bring you through, safely to the other side.
Post a Comment