Friday, July 11, 2008

Small Opportunities


"God's plan for every believer is made up of a lifetime of small opportunities. No matter what our career or calling may be. We should each seek ways to serve the Lord daily. We do this by ministering wherever we are to family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers."

In Touch with Charles Stanley (online daily devotional, Friday, July 11, 2008)
A lifetime of small opportunities...I always want to be the Mary that sits at Jesus' feet soaking up His word, but find I am running around-often in circles-to accomplish whatever needs to be done-the Martha (Luke 10:38-42). I am encouraged to know that BOTH are needed, sitting at Jesus' feet and service. How can I serve if I am not first equipped with the power of God's Word?
My dear friend, Kayla, is back in Shreveport. She was one of the first people I met when we moved here nearly 19 years ago. Her boys and mine grew up together. Throughout the years, when others have come and gone, she has been a faithful friend...telling me what I needed to hear, not always what I wanted, always pointing me to Christ. She is also my interior decorator! She helped me when we first moved into this house! LOL. Last night, we walked through and discussed options. I enjoyed the fellowship with her over dinner (which Kat cooked!) and her insight. She had a viable theory on our crop circle (a well or septic system..hmmm???). She had a lot of good ideas for our reconstruction, and her hubbie is going to come by this weekend and lend us his expertise. We haven't had much outside help, so everything offered is much appreciated. I am just glad she is home, and I get to glean from her. Today, we are taking an afternoon off and going swimming together!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip