My brother came by last night. He said that we always seem to be working, but now we are in turbo mode! Yes, we are. We worked yesterday...Kat and I packed up miscellaneous stuff that hadn't made it into boxes yet, and we got all that out in the shed. Steve got home and we got the rest of the furniture out of the office and dining room. I got home from work, and jumped right in the demo job! We went to work taking the paneling down. The office, because of the paneling, really held water. We had to dig through a layer of paneling and a layer of sheetrock to get to the studs. It was quite nasty. When I saw that the only thing behind those walls was the kitchen wall and the laundry room...I entertained moving the laundry room to that room, and making our house a three bedroom, but...that room is going go be my nephew's room in just a few short weeks. ( I am sure he doesn't want to sleep in the laundry room!) When Rich came in and commented on our turbo speed...I responded with....do we want Alex sleeping in a room with mold all in it?? No, we don't! Steve's goal this week is to open up all the walls so that we can get all of them drying, and get rid of the construction dumpster. It is huge, and it blocks the back of our driveway. The cool thing about this project is seeing what is behind these walls and how the house is constructed. How many people get that opportunity????
Today...we are taking out the dining room walls, taking off the top row of sheetrock in the office, and taking the walls out in the hallway. Next is the laundry room and Kat's room... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment