Friday, July 25, 2008

Decisions worth making

Decisions, decisions, decisions....really glad we never undertook building our own house...don't think my mind could handle the multitude of decisions which have to be made! I sat down with all my samples: tile, countertop, grout colors, flooring, kitchen cabinetry, and paint swatches...to figure out what direction to go in. My goodness....it is just a house, do I really care that much??? How easy it is to make something so meaningless so important. How easy it is to focus my eyes on what will rust, decay, be destroyed by nature itself...and what on earth is the point of that?! It is JUST a house. It needs to be fixed for sure, but all these details have been weighing on me...what if I make the wrong decision? What if this doesn't match that? What if it won't hold up in another flood? (Wonder what all those people were doing in Noah's day when THAT flood hit-none of their flooring held, and the paint colors really were irrelevant!)

I am sitting here thinking about Katherine, Daniel, and Robert-they are making life decisions, ones that change our lives, not our environment. Life changing...those decisions are the important ones? Do we know Jesus Christ as our Savior? Am I living my life exactly the way He wants me to? Am I serving Him, listening to His voice, obeying His every Word? Am I honest with myself, seeing myself in light of the truth of who God says I am, or am I deceiving myself into believing some lie? There is no way for me to know what way they will go, if they know for sure that Jesus is their Savior-they have made professions-but only God can see the heart.

I have labored over the non-important temporal decisions way too long already...time to just make those and move on. I am NOT changing my mind about flooring, paint, or anything else...just gonna go with it, so I can get back to what is really important-serving my Lord!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And that is the hardest thing in life!!! Just Do it!

June 2008 Road Trip