Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mess upon mess upon mess

Kat and I got the trim down and the floor up in the dining room and hallway yesterday morning. Steve took over last night after church taking the sheetrock down in the dining room (where it is all still laying). I am continually amazed by the mold...when I think we can get by not doing something...I get to peek behind another wall...and yea, it is molded. I thought our insurance guy was overkill, but apparently he knows alot more about this than we do! The dining room was important because we needed to see if there really was another door opening back there, and YEA, there is. (See it on the left there?) That means we can move the opening of our room, which is right now off the breakfast room. We are moving it to open off the dining room. Changing that, and adding insulation, will give us more privacy and lots more quiet (at least we hope). We also needed to see if we could take out part of a wall which leads into the kitchen. We weren't sure if it was a support wall or not, and it isn't. That is really good news too.

We had really good services last night. I love how our pastor challenges us to live for Christ. Last night it was on following. I just taught a lesson in Sunday School on that same topic. He talked about God calling the faithful to follow Him, the importance of following, and the consequences for not. I was again challenged. He really heard my heart when he said that following isn't always the problem, figuring out if it really is God speaking is. That is it! I was talking to Steve on the way home about it, evaluating what God is doing in my life, the circumstances and people He brings into my life, and what to do with all of that. I am working towards going back for my MAT. I thought I might do some subwork while I am in school, but with my sister and Alex coming, and possibly Chance, I don't know if I can. I am also praying about the prison ministry-something which has been on my heart for a long time now which connects with another desire-teaching in the juvenile detention system...but, I don't know just where God wants me to be. Since I tend to want to do everything....I really have to wait on HIM.

We got home kind of late so we didn't make yesterday's goal. Tonight we will try to finish the hall and the office walls. The cleanup takes sooooooooooooooo long, and that is my job! :(....Steve and Kat get to demo, I get to clean it all up! I don't know if I like this relationship so much!

Today, I have to run some errands and go to work, so nothing is getting done until tonight. Sigh....It was so nice to be home all day yesterday...to not only get some demo done, but to be able to get basic housework done and dinner made.

Prayer: We are so busy....and we have to go to Florida to get my sister August 1. In the next month, we have all this house work to get done, especially some livable space and the shed (for storage of my sister's belongings), next week I take my GRE which I NEED to be studying for, we have to get Alex ready for school which is mid August, take care of some loose ends in Kat's school, settle down with the addition of another family to ours, and make another trip at the end of August to North Carolina. Time goes by so fast, and that sounds like an awful lot to do in just over a month's time. Please pray for us, wisdom to know what to do, how and when, the resources we need to make these trips and provide for another family, guidance in all these decisions being made, and health (my sinuses aren't liking all this nastiness in the air).

1 comment:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wow! You will have a whole new house when this is done! :) Not fun to go through maybe but the result will be wonderful! :) Adding another family to your family huh! Wow! Lots going on with yall! If you have a chance check out our blog, update on Noah there! :) Keep in touch

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
Tamijoysisemore@aol.com
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

June 2008 Road Trip