Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday....

Today was just that! We started our day with a transformer blowing and no power. That meant I went to work today without a shower and lots of hairspray! Monday is always my long day and boy do I want a shower!

We were stopped by a few people this weekend asking us about our progress...the thing is...people don't seem to have an understanding of what it means to have a house flood. I know I sure didn't! It isn't as simple as mopping up the water, spraying the walls with bleach, and you are done. Sheetrock has to be taken down, up past the water line-all of it (even the closets)...now in a 2000 square foot house, that takes a minute! Floors have to come up, and in a pier and beam house, the joists have to be checked, and everything that got wet requires an anitmicrobial/antifungal treatment. Oh yea, everything has to dry out-which means open walls with fans blowing on them. (I had this crazy idea that you open the walls, clean them off, close them up...uh huh right...of course I also thought you could save the sheetrock off the walls which isn't wet..nope...it doesn't come off in sheets!) This is not a short term project....we are essentially rebuilding the house, at least the interior. There are so many things inside a house you can't see which becomes apparent when you take those walls down...and of course, then you have to fix that too!!!

I was so tired last night that I had a minor meltdown....too much chaos for me to handle, time pressures to get it done, just sooooooooo much to do all the time! Sigh :(

The WHOLE house is covered in this dust ALL the time...good thing we have a zippered portable closet or imagine what my clothes would look like! I sweep and sweep and sweep, and vacuum up dust, and damp mop...to absolutely no avail! Ok..Tina..patience...it will be ok!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip