Thursday, July 24, 2008
Check the chaos at the door, Please
I sooooooooo needed a break from this chaos yesterday. These past two days, my stress level has been off the charts, and I found myself crying continuously. As much as I needed to do, I took the day off. I left my house at 9:30 and did not return till 4:30 or so. I took myself to breakfast, sat there reading my Bible when an older gentleman stopped to talk to me about what I was studying. He must have been a preacher! After that I went to the library to read about home decorating (of course!). I checked out a book about putting the heart into your home, designing a home around individual personality to provide a tranquil retreat from the world. Yep..that is just what we need, a retreat! Then I headed to the paint store to pick out paint. I decided on a green for my living room/dining room. (turns out it is almost the exact color in there right now...I am such a creature of habit) The paint guy was very patient, and he gave me a fan deck with thousands of colors to help me decide on the rest of the house. Next, I met Steve at the flooring place to talk to another dealer about flooring. We found another variation on the vinyl which we liked, but it is going to be over $4000 to install in the rooms we want it, so???? From there, I headed to Michaels, Linens and Things, and Lifeway. I browsed the stores looking for ideas for our bedroom and party supplies for my grandson. His first birthday is right around the corner! I had a wonderful conversation with my daughter-in-law, and got a sweet message of encouragement from my friend, Michelle. In Michaels I found this sea glass which is going to be my color inspiration for my bedroom. I have always wanted an ocean themed area because the ocean is my serenity place. I love the ocean! I also picked up my very first decoration, a metal fish tea light holder. It has an antique feel which I also love! Lifeway was my last stop. There I chose a few books and sat down to read them. I bought a devotional book, "Lord, I Need Grace to Make it Today" by Kay Arthur. (No surprise that one caught my eye!) I started it this morning and am excited about what God is going to show me through it! There was dinner, church, Starbucks, and a bit of evening drama. My day ended around 11:30. Welp...that was my day, and today is a new day. It too is a gift so, Lord, please don't let me waste it chasing after what is temporal when I could be spending it with eyes focused on the eternal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment