This remodel is very much a family project! We are all learning how to do new stuff. Katherine got some father-daughter time this weekend with some instruction on saw and nail gun use. Her dad showed her how to cut the exterior panelling we are putting on the shed, and then she nailed it on with the nail gun. We spent most of our time outside this weekend, doing some finishing work on the shed, and cleaning up the yard. We got all the deck wood sorted and cleaned up. We have a yard again! Kat helped me with a little bit of landscaping...that we are doing in snippits...a little each weekend! Steve and I go into Lowes-he picks up self-help books, I pick up gardening and landscaping books! LOL. We bought two new ones this weekend. One is on bathroom renovations and the other is a general remodel book which has tips on just about everything. While we are breaking from the physical labor, we are reading! It is amazing what we have learned already! I love that Kat isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and is not a girly girl...sitting around looking pretty, but doing nothing to help the situation!Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Power Tools
This remodel is very much a family project! We are all learning how to do new stuff. Katherine got some father-daughter time this weekend with some instruction on saw and nail gun use. Her dad showed her how to cut the exterior panelling we are putting on the shed, and then she nailed it on with the nail gun. We spent most of our time outside this weekend, doing some finishing work on the shed, and cleaning up the yard. We got all the deck wood sorted and cleaned up. We have a yard again! Kat helped me with a little bit of landscaping...that we are doing in snippits...a little each weekend! Steve and I go into Lowes-he picks up self-help books, I pick up gardening and landscaping books! LOL. We bought two new ones this weekend. One is on bathroom renovations and the other is a general remodel book which has tips on just about everything. While we are breaking from the physical labor, we are reading! It is amazing what we have learned already! I love that Kat isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and is not a girly girl...sitting around looking pretty, but doing nothing to help the situation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you can still be a girly, girl and get your hands dirty. I did this afternoon, I planted some plants and re-potted some other ones and my hands were really dirty LOL and I do consider myself pretty girly :) Luv ya and it looks like yall are doing a lot of work!!!!
Post a Comment