Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

Wow what a week this has been...work has been very busy...and the week has been nonstop action! I came home last night after work to a house full of people. Kat and I went grocery shopping yesterday so she could cook pizza last night and bake cookies with Todd. I expected them to be here. In addition, Joe, Shawna, and Drew were here. Shawna had emailed me, but I hadn't read my mail. She came to work. Drew had talked to Steve about computer problems, so Steve knew he was coming. Kat had text Joe to stop by because I had bought him a "thank-you" gift for doing such a great job on our yard. So...of the three of us...none of us completely communicated all of this to the other, so each of us was surprised by who showed up!

Just a little chaos....and the whole week has been just like that...people in and people out! This week we have been to the vet and the mechanic, seen and talked to people which have been estranged...and amazingly enough...gotten something done on the house!

I have so many moments where I am trying to figure everything out... not sure of myself or what I am doing...and again God intervenes. Joe shows up, Tonia calls. I hurt so much when Joe and Kat separated, not just for her, but because I really believed God brought Joe into our life. It took me a long time to get past that he wasn't going to be the one for her, and now that she is pursuing a new relationship, and I am seeing a few more pieces of the puzzle, I understand a little more that God is working in all of them to accomplish His purposes- not mine. I had hoped that everyone could get past the pain, and we could again share our life with Joe. I have been praying for him as if he was my very own son, and God is answering. He can finally come here and be comfortable. Kat and he are talking now as friends, and he is stepping into more of a brother role in her life. When he heard what Chris had done to her, he got all bent out of shape and called Chris. He met Todd last night and apparently liked him-might be a good sign. Tonia-hadn't heard from her since last March. We had tried and tried to help her, give her a refuge, encourage her to set her feet back towards Christ, but she still went her own way-we parted paths, and it wasn't pretty. All our efforts felt futile, but she called. The door is open again in both hers and Joe's life. It is quite encouraging to know that our God is longsuffering, and He isn't done yet! Still have my family before me, and the struggle to communicate with them in an effective way...am already feeling used in this situation...already struggling with my attitude, but God is grace.

I am really glad today is Friday! The week isn't quite over and there is still lots of work ahead this weekend, but...it is Friday...and Sunday is on the way!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip