Our pastor has been preaching a series on Wed. night about living in Canaan land. I am also reading a devotional book about living in grace, not under the law. They tie together, and, I am looking around at God's amazing grace as evidenced in our lives. This storm hasn't been all clouds and rain; there have been quite a few rainbows on the horizon promising God's faithfulness and reminding us of His presence.
When we experienced our initial losses, including two vehicles, it was hard to do anything except sit down and cry, which I did a lot of! Then grace appeared....we bought our jeep, and the same week my father-in-law gave us an F-150. Steve was so excited, because all these years prior, we had been talking about our next vehicles. Our van and truck were paid for. We debated whether to buy me a new vehicle or to get his full size truck. Well...how could we know that God would orchestrate a different plan and still give us the desire of our heart. Not only did I get a new vehicle, Steve did too...something we could have never afforded on our own! That truck proved invaluable in moving my sister, and it is incredibly helpful with all our construction...and when we go anywhere together, we go in the truck! :)
But...the story doesn't end there. We have always wanted to give a vehicle away-thought it would be my van, but God..different plan...we are giving our Ranger to our son, Robert. He is the only one of our three children that we didn't buy a vehicle for. We took our Ranger in this week to have it looked at, sure it was having transmission problems...nope...got it serviced...nothing wrong with it at all....got new tires....and it ready for us to sign over to him! He is excited about having another vehicle, which frees Gabrielle up too.
Still...more to the story...still looking for Kat a vehicle since we lost hers too. We have explored a few options, but nothing has been right. My mom calls this week...she has two vehicles she is paying for and is going to let one go back. I told Steve, who hated the idea of it going back and her credit being shot, so he is exploring us taking that one. It is newer than Kat's focus which we lost, and has a lot less miles on it. (Not orange, and not as sporty as her focus, but with her tendency to speed, not a bad thing!). It may be affordable for her, so praying for God's direction and will. Don't know what is going to happen on this one yet, but DO know that God is continuing to show His grace in our life!


1 comment:
Last Friday My computer (my life) crashed. I didn't know what to do, I didn't have the money to buy any computer, much less, the one I need. God always provides. My brother Matt, in Afghanistan, makes a lot of money and he bought me a new computer, the one that I need.
Post a Comment