I look around once in awhile at all God has done and I am amazed....not on my time, or according to my own ability, but on His time and in His power!
- Friday, we picked up Katherine's car. It is the right car at the right time, a 2002 blue Saturn. She is excited, and the timing is perfect. She starts school right after we get back from N. Carolina, and juggling the vehicles would have been quite challenging!
- We worked on the living room this weekend, getting it primered, textured, and as of yesterday, the first coat of paint. We are going to get the second coat on today. We have been working in between everything else, steady, but not at a "have to get this done" pace. There is so much more to life than this remodel!
- Todd has been a trooper-coming over on his days off, pitching in here and there. He is a good worker. I asked him if he was tired of hanging with us yet, since we obviously work all the time!? He said no...and helped Steve put in Katherine's sub floor.
- I called Tonia just to check on her Sunday. It had been a week since I heard from her. She came to church Sunday night and came by later that evening. She helped texture the living room while Caitlyn was sleeping. We talked about what we have learned. Caitlyn is beautiful. Kat found her some really cute outfits yesterday at Kohls for $1-$2 a set. (She should be a professional shopper!).
- The rat saga-so far this week, no rat. We did put bait out back, so if we are lucky, a few dead ones should start appearing! We have traps in the house set out, but they haven't been tripped yet, unless you count the time I hit one with a broom!
- Added to the schedule-I am studying for my Math Content Praxis. It is gonna be tough, and I have to spend hours every day reviewing math concepts I haven't seen in years. I am quite nervous about this test-only three weeks away! I am reminded of all the days our entire family sat around doing homework way into the night. Steve got his GMAT out and was reviewing it; Kat came in and was browsing through her college Algebra book. Won't be long, and we will all be sitting around the table doing homework together again! My schedule goes something like this: Get up and get coffee, check email and blog, do my devotions and Bible study (because Lord knows without Him I am useless!), do a few chores here and there, study for a bit, more chores, work on something in the house (today-paint), more study, have lunch with Steve (a highlight in the day), get dressed and go to work, come home, and do it all again (except tonight is church so that is first-then-come home and do it again-at least the study part!)
In everything, every opportunity to grow and every moment where God reveals Himself, all I can do is raise my hands and praise Him! He is providing for us, guiding our hands, revealing truth to us every moment of every day! Praise be to God!


No comments:
Post a Comment