Sunday, August 17, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Bad News: Rat didn't get in through the hole in the floor, came in somewhere else
Good News: It got caught in the Tomcat rat trap we put out last night
Bad News: The trap was laying on the hutch so the dog wouldn't get caught in it which means...it was on my hutch..ewwwwwwwww
Good News: It has been properly disposed of
Bad News: Hmmm...how did it get in, which hole, and how do we keep them out?!
Good News: That tomcat really works! Might need to keep a few of those handy

Kat, very calmy knocked on our door this morning about 7 AM, thank goodness it wasn't at 12:30! She had put Maggie out about 5 Am, so somewhere between 5 and 7, the rat came in again. Rats are creatures of habit so went right to where we had spotted it. It couldn't get to the dog food this time, but apparently smelled the peanut butter on the trap laying on the hutch right above the dog food. It got caught in it and fell to the floor. It was flopping around which woke Kat up. She knocked on the door; conversation went something like this:
"Dad?"
"Yes?"
"Rat got in again"
"How do you know?"
"It is flopping around in the trap."
"Where?"
"Kitchen"
I said, Yea!....and Steve said...trap was on the hutch...I said ewwww...that means...yep...I stood back a bit while Steve fetched gloves and a paper bag to pick it up. It was quite large, size of a small cat. Very funny sight..rat with head stuck in a trap. (I was even able to laugh at the situation, which is not really all that funny). Steve took it outside, Kat went back to bed, and I grabbed a towel and bleach!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip