Sunday, August 31, 2008

Old Friends

Things, situations, and even people sometimes come into our life for just a season. I could not begin to count the number of people I have called friends that no longer share my life! For the longest time I thought being a Christian friend meant sharing the rest of my life here on earth with that friend, but it hasn't worked out that way. Many times someone is right there at the right time for that need at that moment, sometimes my need, sometimes their need. I still build relationships on the premise that they will last forever, and I remain in touch as much as possible, but people come and go, circumstances change, and things...my goodness...what little value they have unless we can share those with someone else!
Once in awhile God restores old frienships. People reappear that we haven't seen in a bit. This past week or so has been one of those amazing weeks. We are so thrilled that Tonia (and Caitlyn) are back in our life, and we are equally thrilled to be sharing in Tami, Bobby, Ms. Carol, and Celeste's lives again. I think we met Tami and Celeste when Katherine was five. Kat and Celeste spent much of their early childhood together. They are young women now attending college, but picked up right where they left off! God is so good!
We are in North Carlina right now. We drove 20 hours towing our Ranger (now Rob's) to Robert. It is pretty sweet that we were able to bring it to him. I finally got to give a vehicle away, all made possible by God's amazing grace expressed through the generosity of my mother and father-in-law! If I had thought and thought and thought, I would never have imagined how the flood would have impacted our life, how we would have changed, or who God would have brought back into our life!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip