

Team efforts...many hands make light work! This weekend we finally started on the house. After quite a few trips to Lowes, Steve and Rich assembled tools and began replacement on the attic stairs. (I so need to go up there and see what needs to be done about all of that stuff up there!) Taylor chipped in this weeknd. He, Kat, and I worked on our master bedroom. Taylor took the sheetrock down on part of the room (he was having way too much fun with the sledge hammer), Kat took down the trim. Funny moment: the baseboards had "Richard room" wrote on the back of them. I showed that to Richard and told him he needed to get hopping remodeling his room! LOL. We are completely remodeling a few of the rooms, the master being the first one to be redone. 3 windows have been sheetrocked over for years in our room-it was so cool to open one of those up. I held my breath, but it really is in good shape, and WOW what a difference a little light makes! We can hardly wait to make the changes in that room. It is prayerfully going to be a serene light filled space. Accomplishments so far: acquired the tools we need, tore apart one of the shed rooms which is being turned into a shop for Steve (one of those projects which has been on the back burner for awhile), emptied the master bedroom, began sheetrock removal, replaced the attic stairs, and began inspection and treatment for mold. Praise God-so far the mold has not been horrific! We do have some, but cleanup so far is very manageable. We are excited about all that is getting done, but it is sure slow progress, and no, you can't save used sheetrock! (Though I tried to figure out if it was possible!). Many many thanks to Taylor, Rich and Doreen for being here. Doreen has been cooking for us nearly day in and day out. We so appreciate her gracious sacrifice too!


1 comment:
Thank you for your comment, your payers and encouragement. Your family has always had a special place in our hearts. We hope this remodel turns out something beautiful. I know what it means to have a nice home to come home to, so you can relax.
We Love you guys
Post a Comment