
Well...we have decided to take the half wall out of the den. It connects the breakfast room with the den and removing it will open up the space. I have mixed emotions about that because I was looking forward to putting a bar there, but opening it will open up this end of the house tremendously. As we are taking down walls in the house, we are adding them outside to the shed. I had always envisioned our shed as a guest house. It is plenty big enough. It has several smaller rooms attached to it which can be our shed storage. Steve decided to enclose an open area which was just wasted space. Last night he framed up that wall, took out a wall between two other areas, and framed a wall to separate the storage end from what will eventually be a closet in the apartment. I decided yesterday that the deck was not going back up where it was. It was too close to the house and gave the rats a haven as they crossed the yard to get under the house. We haven't seen a rodent one since we removed that deck and cleared out the debris from the shed. (Since I have open walls and floors everywhere-no rodents is a really good thing!) This weekend we are going to finish the walls in the shed, finish the mold cleanup in the den and our bedroom, take out the rest of the ceiling and fireplace in the den, and hopefully do some much needed yard work.

I keep thinking about what Shelly, my daughter's new adopted sister (God so provides!), said to me about this whole thing. God brings circumstances into our lives which mirror what is going on or changes that need to be made Spiritually. Her assessment of my life was that there was too much clutter, and there is. I also have struggled with setting boundaries where need be, and letting my guard down in relationships because I don't feel like I can be who I am. I feel like I spend a lot of time walking on eggshells with people, afraid to say what I feel, because they might get offended. I certainly don't want to be an offense to anyone, but I also want freedom in my own life. I know there are alot of walls in my life that need to be erected, and many that need to be torn down! Who I am in Christ makes me valuable as a person, not perfect, but forgiven and ever growing, and I need to be who He wants me to be, not who everyone else expects me to be. That is a wall long overdue for demolition!
1 comment:
The key in all this is, remembering it's not your life anymore. That is the hardest thing to live out, We want the control, but it belongs to the Lord. We love you guys, and hope the remodel keeps moving forward.
Post a Comment