Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Plans

I often think of that famous line, "The best-laid plans of mice and men/often go awry," and how true that is...because, Bro. John, you are right, our lives are not our own! I was feeling quite claustrophobic this weekend and not very motivated! My melancholic temprament doesn't handle chaos very well, and there is no better way to describe how I am living, but in utter chaos. I did manage to pack a few boxes. Steve and I slept in Saturday morning, went to Breakfast ( ooooh....a date), and then we went to a flooring showroom to talk to the experts. That wasn't really in the agenda for the day, but the guy was incredibly helpful. We have decided on what kind of flooring we will be putting down, but have no idea on color or pattern yet. Then we came home and found our claim had been processed. I am once again amazed at how God works, giving us the desires of our heart even beyond what we imagine.

Yesterday, I was reading in Ephesians and had to stop and ponder, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory int he church by Jesus Christ throughout all ages..." Eph. 3:20-21. The insurance company settled at $50,000 which is way more than we expected. They included so much more than we were expecting to replace. There is no way we could have afforded such an extensive remodel. We bought this house because of its location and its size. I saw so much potential in it, and wanted space for other people to be here and be comfortable. The entire time we have lived here, other people have lived here too. In just a month, my sister and nephew will be joining us here. They will be with us for quite awhile as she tries to get re-established here and learn to support herself. God knows all of that. I am watching my brother grow and God work in his life here, and am thankful we could share in that! I am trying to be positive, prayerful on all these decisions, patient, and trusting because I just don't know what tomorrow holds!

Yesterday, Bro. Sorrell preached on how the unbelievers are watching. He took his text from the crucifixion and focused on the band of soldiers watching...what they saw...and how they reacted. I wondered...in the repair of our house and the opportunities it has given us with our neighbors, neither of which have insurance, if maybe God is going to use this somehow in their lives. God is doing more than I can imagine in ways I haven't even considered. This whole thing wouldn't of been in my plans...oh yea...there is the kitten drama (on Kat's blog)...and....we did plant plants around our tree (where the deck used to be), hung our swing, lit a tiki torch, so we could sit on the swing and have coke floats. That was a nice serene moment...it wasn't in the plan for the weekend either, but sure glad we detoured!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Faithfulness and Obedience, God always blesses those. Can't wait to see the finished product. We will be back in the states in March '09.

June 2008 Road Trip