Keeping in touch with people and sharing their lives takes time and effort...sometimes I need a reminder of that. I am also learning that relationships are give and take. You can't build a relationship with someone who doesn't contribute anything to it. I can minister, I can share once in awhile, make a phone call, send a note, but relationships can't be forced. When I do try to force them, I end up on the end of a very short stick-giving and being used to meet someone else's need while my needs go totally unnoticed. I am often disappointed when I realize how powerless I am to do anything about anyone else, especially when I had hoped to build a relationship, sustain a relationship, or mend one.
God has opened doors in such expected ways lately! Many people I have given to-those one sided relationships-have dropped out of sight. I am tempted to keep trying...but they aren't really interested so I am filing them away in the ministry folder...pray when God brings them to mind, call if He lays them on my heart, maybe send a note. Others have appeared through doors that I could never have opened myself! I am loving sharing my life with Shelly and Natalie. Shelly just walked into my life and began to share in this remodel with me. The time I have spent with her is priceless! I love her! Natalie was just someone I knew in church, then she came over...those moments spent with her have opened up a myriad of other doors-Facebook for example. Natalie wanted me to get a Facebook account...hmmmm I thought. (Not a big fan of all of that stuff) She sent a request and next thing I knew, my box was flooded with friend requests. As a result I have renewed connections with people I haven't seen or heard from in awhile, and have begun a new friendship with Natalie. :)
There are so many things important in life and so many that aren't.


1 comment:
So so true! I can attest to this as well in my own life! Sometimes you just have to let someone go on their way and if the Lord has a healthy relationship for y'all at some point He will bring them back, if not then it was a season. It is painful when you have invested so much and you realize your entire relationship was one sided. But I find God tends to bless me in other ways once I turn them over to Him!
Hope to see you soon! :)
hugs friend
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment