The coulottes were certainly a success...in that we finished them on time, and most of them fit. Of all that we sewed, only three pairs need to be redone! That was such a blessing and a testimony that God was in that. No way could we have done that on our own!
It was a week of Spiritual battes though. I struggled with where Kat is in her life, and once again I was faced with the reality that people seek their own, not the welfare of others. It seems as if everywhere I turn, I have to deal with that reality...has it always been that way, or is it a testimony of the sin sick world we live in!? I keep trying to keep my feet under me, because I know with every Spiritual victory, a mountain, there is also a valley. I hit the valley way sooner than I was prepared for. I was on such a high from the week before, all the opportunities God had opened for us to share and give to someone else, not the giving so much, but the amazing truth that you can't outgive God that was also being showered on us. Then I hit the point where I needed someone to commit to me just because they cared, and I was once again disappointed. Doing something out of love and doing something out of obligation are not the same thing. That truth goes beyond physical life, and challenges my heart to serve my Lord and others not because I have to or am obligated, but because Jesus love me, and I love Him. It sure seems like it would get easier to remember that, but being a "Martha" hinders me when I so want to be a "Mary."
I am so thankful for my husband. He is indeed a covering for me. He holds me when I cry, listens to me when I am unreasonable, brings balance into my life, and lightens my burdens. How God must have known when He gave him to me, and how I need to listen to him so much more than I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Just remember, The mountain top experiences are to prepare us for living in the valley. I know, because of personal experience.
Post a Comment