Todd is such a good guy, and he has been really good for Katie, but I have had the hardest time giving my heart away this round. Jumping in has always been so easy for me. Being hurt, struggling with the situations of my own life, and then there is my family, my kids, and extended family members..giving and being taken advantage of....that being "used" feeling which always shuts me down... all of that has left "fear" in its wake.
Todd took Kat out for her birthday Friday night. (I took the first picture I have taken of them, because I was hesitating accepting them as a couple) I was good up until I had calculated about when the dinner and movie should be done, and she wasn't home yet. Fear crept in and panic started to bubble up to the service. Instincts said "text" and find out where she is, but reason said "be patient." I prayed instead for their safety, and she of course returned home safe and sound. Some areas of my life are incredibly difficult for me to let go and let God-my kids are way at the top of that list. They are all grown now, but it isn't any easier not to "fear," for them, even though I know God's got this. "Faith" believing in the promises of God's Word that I have yet to see. What kind of faith is it when I have to see to believe? It isn't of course. Praying.....and trying to trust...
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."


2 comments:
MOM, I love you soo much. I really appreciate that you are trying to have trust in me. I kow its been hard and we have been through alot. Todd is soo good to me and I know its been hard on you and he really does appreciate your efforts. I love you more than you know!!!! :)
As they say here in Slovenia, Bravo!
Post a Comment