Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sweet...

Borrowing from my daughter's vernacular...After a really hard week and a half...through lots of tears, confusion, chaos, and total inability to focus on anything, God comforted my heart. Yesterday, Steve and I were at the Saturn car lot. He had been researching Saturn Auras and thought we needed to look at that car so we were there to do that. I have had a really hard time reading my Bible-one my Bible is somewhere ??? So I have been grabbing a different Bible. Somehow reading a different Bible then my own doesn't feel quite right-then there is the focus problem which keeps me from being able to do anything but look at words. Yesterday, while waiting in Steve's truck for the salesman, I picked up his Military New Testament. In the back of it, there are references to verses for particular problems. I turned to the comfort verse. "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Cor. 1:3-4). Hearing God speak gave me such comfort. We looked at the Saturn. I was feeling so pressured and had no reasurrance this was the right vehicle. We left that lot and stopped at another one which had had a Sebring convertible I just had to look at. It was sold, so we drifted around the lot looking at other vehicles. The salesman came out; we took a look at a few; nothing struck me. While we were waiting on him for yet the third time to bring keys out, I spotted a red jeep. A jeep had caught my eye on a different lot too. This one had everything I wanted in a vehicle so we sent the salesman for the key, drove it, loved it, knew it was the right one, and bought it...SWEET. I know God led us in the right direction, calmed my fears about choosing the right one, and made it possible for us to buy this one. It was just the punch I needed to get going...not the car...but the reassurance that God is right here with us, the prayers of others are intervening for us when we can't pray for ourselves, and God has a plan even when we don't know what it is! Living in Christ is nothing less than SWEET!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip