Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Progress
Yep, yep...coming along. Finally found some order around here. We finished cleaning up the kitchen, breakfast room, and bathroom yesterday. That is a relief. I feel like we can live here now! I am going to finish moving clothes out of our room today (all that is left in there except taking the bed down) so we can start demo in that room. I am pretty excited and nervous. We have been reading and researching and pricing-just trying to determine what to do! We have decided on a floor plan in there, taking out a wall, and moving the closet! We have decided to put in wood flooring. We both love wood floors. Now we just have to find it at a reasonable price! A blessing yesterday, we have been pretty solo on this project so I began praying for God to send us the right people and help. We were looking through This Old House magazines yesterday and discovered an issue on Katrina recovery. That helped alot. It gave advice on repair of sheetrock and mold prevention. We are going to try and put some of those ideas to work. We not only want to repair the house but protect it against further damage. We know we live in a flood plane and could be flooded again. The goal is to remodel in such a way that if we flood again, we won't have to remodel! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment