Monday, May 5, 2008

Quote of Interest

"Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write." John Adams 1765

What else is there to say following that??? Not enough individualism in our world, although there is a pretense towards it...too much, "Be an individual-dress, talk, eat, be entertained, etc...just like me." I read an essay by Spurgeon recently on eccentricity. His observation was that someone is labeled eccentric when they deviate from the circle with its center at what society deems "normal" at that moment in time. Normal changes, society doesn't stand still, life keeps moving. Lord, let me dare to read your Word, think like You, speak the Truth, and write as You would direct. Then I know I will be an individual, because You love me uniquely and deal with me as uniquely yours. Then I will also be eccentric, because following you puts me outside the center of the "normal circle." Walk in Faith, not by sight!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip