I was sitting in church yesterday morning, between my husband and daughter, listening to our pastor and thinking about how different life is now. Our pastor preached on the mission of our church which boiled down to edifying families and reaching the lost. He always references Scripture to Scripture, rarely quoting commentaries and the such. Our time with him has been incredibly challenging. I am loving my church, my church family, my pastor, and mostly my Christ! I felt like singing the McD's jingle....buh buh bump, bump, buh...I'm Loving it! It has certainly been quite awhile since I could say that!
We never hear a message that doesn't leave us in thought...considering...where we are and where we should be going. He [our pastor] made a comment that really stuck with me-We can't remain neutral. We are on one side or the other, Christianity is not a neutral activity, although it would seem that some think so. We are either following Christ or following the world-can't stand still and can't choose both!
Every part of my day yesterday was filled with God's amazing presence. I had some time with my brother and sister-in-law, time to study my Bible, time to listen and be taught, time to minister to others, and just time....time to live my life in Christ. Another moment, another day, another opportunity...and time is short! I have never been fully convinced of the truth that Jesus Christ is going to return again in my lifetime...thought we would live and die like generations before us. The whole idea that Christ is returning seemed more like a Sci-Fi movie! My soul is bubbling over....I am so excited...but, I am seeing the multitudes of lost around me that need to be reached and how... Lord, here I am, send me!


No comments:
Post a Comment