We just wrapped up or church's primary mission conference under our new pastor. It was quite different from previous years (which was to be expected), but it was just awesome. God really challenged my heart through the music, interaction, and messages. I wanted to go to every place presented! Our pastor spoke last night. His challenge to us was to love our Lord in such a way that we were faithful in our own personal mission field. We have neighbors who need to be reached. I need prayer on how to reach them.
Today, the Monday after, I am absolutely exhausted! I am not sure if it is more physical, emotional, or Spiritual. There was so much going on in one week...who knows! I needed to hit the ground running today, but it sure didn't happen. I am too tired to move that fast!
Saturday, I took my Praxis: Math Content. I prayed myself to sleep Friday night, got up Sat. morning, ate protein, did devotions, and reviewed for a minute. I was so nervous. I got there and had to wait for about 45 minutes. It was incredibly challenging; there was virtually nothing on it that I have ever taught or likely to. The questions were more theoretical, thought provoking, than just punch in a calculator do the Algebra kind of thing. By question #37, I was mentally whipped and wanted to quit-13 questions to do and 30 minutes left to do them in. After a short pep talk with myself and a prayer for help, "Lord, which of these problems can I do?" "Lord, which of these answers is correct?" I figured He knew, because I sure didn't! I kept plugging away and did my best to finish. Now I have to wait 4 weeks to see if I made the cutoff score. There was a disclaimer on the back which said not all questions may be counted-sure hoping those are the ones I had to guess "C."
Not much got done on the house last week, and I am feeling overwhelmed by that. We have only managed to get two quads of tiles down, bummer. I have some little things I can work on, but tile really needs to go in. We thought we could do it in pieces...mixed the thin set...bought a big bucket to store the left over in...set our first quad...and wanted to wait to see how it did. Next day, opened up the bucket to work on the next quad--thin set completely solid! Zug! New idea-buy the premixed stuff...it doesn't dry out like that, and Steve did get another quad set, but..it is taking forever to harden. It has been drying for two days and still not solid. Hmmm....need a new plan!
Katherine and I are sewing this week for SCA. We really wrestled with it, but how could we refuse. Girls need coulottes-not one of those things you can just run buy! Somehow-God's grace I am sure-her and I have to get about 20 pairs done in just over a week. It would already be challenging, but we have to start from scratch on the pattern. We weren't able to get the pattern we loaned out back. I searched for another similar one, and think I found one, but it has to be altered. That too would not be that big of deal; however, a friend altered the last one for me; I didn't pay attention, and she is no longer available! Kat and I both are working today, so in between-going to SCA to get initial measurements; After work I am going to get fabric, and then her and I are going to get started cutting. In between the sew moments, gonna try to get a few things done on the house. Really hoped to be in phase two by the first of December...still a long way from that! Alright...we will get it done...because God knows our hearts, and He knows the needs.
I'm off-not running-but moving!


1 comment:
Busy Busy My friend! :) I don't always comment but I do read WHEN Little panda boy lets me!! :)
hugs
Tami
Celeste and Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment