Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MAT in sight

Finally...after all my hem hawing around...nervous about stepping out and trying to balance something else...I am on track!

Went to Tech yesterday to meet with a counselor and finish up my admission requirements. She went over the program with me, what classes were offered when and what I would need to do. It is definitely different that a bachelors...lots of extra work to do besides the classes themselves. I am quite nervous about the change, about going into the schools here and watching the classrooms at work, but know it will give me an opportunity to grow as a teacher.

Sylvan has really allowed me to teach different ages in different ways. It has been such a learning experience for me....to see how they suggest a concept is presented, what tools to use to teach a skill...Much more valuable than any book knowledge could be.

Now it is time to move forward again. I start my first class in March, and according to my plan of study, will be down to just a few classes by fall of next year. By then, I will know where my heart is in teaching....what age and grade, and what to do next!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip