Sunday, April 6, 2008

Evidence of the Spirit











Today, our pastor opened the sermon up with the question, "What evidence is there that the Holy Spirit is in control/present?" The answer is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance... (Galatians 5:22). Of course the flipside is, if those things are not present in my life, especially at times when I am trying to serve the Lord, then God is not in it. He manifests himself in my life by bearing fruit. That brings me back to how to grow in faith? It is all about God and His Word. Am I faithful? NO, not always...and that would make me disobedient which is not without consequence. Reading and studying Jonah for Sunday School, a question struck me..."Why hast thou done this?" (Jonah 1:10)-which is the question the crew asked Jonah when he told them that he feared the Lord but was disobedient. Why would I disobey God's Word, why would I try to run my life my way, or try to rely on my own strength or my own wisdom? I do try, and I do fail, because anything that is not of God is sin. Lord, thank you for the lesson today and teach me to apply it to my own heart. Change me into a reflection of you and make me a see-through servant!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip