I am on my way to an MAT. My first class ended this week with a final, observations, and a research paper. It was classroom management, and I learned so much more than I could write down. Our teacher gave us excellent resources to work with. The text is phenomenal with all sorts of helps on the web site.
I vacillated back and forth between excitement, awe at the responsibility, and fear-can I really do this? Then...I found myself studying and researching, drawn to what I love to do, teach. I find myself reviewing math formulas, strategies, the how to's....hmmm...where is my heart???? It is in teaching, and as much as I love language and will work in that area too, still lean towards math. Weird I know.
Went to an LSUS graduation yesterday. I watched as student after student walked for masters and bachelor degrees. I tried to count the number of education graduates and wondered about them. They would be looking for teaching positions, would they find what they learned to be helpful? Would they make it? Do they have hearts of teachers? What about me? Will I make it? Will I be able to make a difference? Will I be able to get a job??? :)
First things first, learn and grow, then I will be ready to be what I need to be. 12 more classes to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment