Sunday, March 30, 2008

Live and Learn

The days I am having...no, the weeks...wait...weeks turn into months and months into years...If only...our new Pastor challenged us this past week. For the first time in all my years as a Christian, an idea stuck. I used to listen to preachers preaching about "faith," and think...yea, but how...how do you get that? Where does it come from? The answer was there all along, and I had heard it, knew it, but somehow it didn't stick. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). So...the more Word of God-the more faith, which is of course true in my life and the life of everyone else. Lack of faith, lack of the fruit of the Spirit (which faith ifis part of-Galatians 5:22-23) is evidence of lack of Word of God. I am guilty, I am lacking. I need faith, and I need God. Praise God for my pastor and the work God is doing in our church family through his ministry. I have been so blessed by time with my brother and sister-in-law, time with Chris and Taylor. Opportunities to sit and talk about who God is...opportunity to step out and let God be God. I am so glad He is and I am not. Less of me God and more of you!

No comments:

June 2008 Road Trip