"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." Psalm 104:12-14
Thank God that He forgives because He knows that we are simply made of the the dust of the ground. Our humanity makes us vulnearble to the whims of our own flesh and emotions. How often I have given in and sought my own...how often I have done that which was right in my own eyes, instead of what was right in God's. How often I have been brought back to my knees, just to tell God that yeah, it is me again...made the same mistake...once again...dived off head first without asking Him for direction...yep, me, in all my foolish self-reliance, but....Christ who is infinite mercy and knows me, forgives me, and loves me. He gave His very life for mine, so I could not only have eternal life, but abundant life here while He tarries or until He calls me home. He, unlike us really does forgive, He casts my sins as far away as the East is from the West, not to drudge them up, recall them, or relive them. If only I could learn to love like He loves, see like He sees, forgive like He forgives, and live the life He has for me! If only....


No comments:
Post a Comment